What Baylor Can Do Now to Improve Transparency
Bears for Leadership Reform
November 10, 2016
Disclose the Facts Behind the Title IX Investigation and the Pepper Hamilton Report
1. Disclose the objective facts underlying the Pepper Hamilton report.
2. Disclose the specific factual basis for the recommendations in the PH Report concerning Board governance. What factual circumstances prompted PH to make the following recommendations?
3. Disclose all recent settlement agreements related to the Title IX investigation, including the cost to the University and whether the University required a nondisclosure agreement.
Promote Transparency in University Governance
1. Publish University governance documents on its website.
2. Identify the Board committees, who is on each committee, and what the committees do.
3. Allow for open Board meetings to the extent reasonably possible.
4. Allow for public discussion about matters affecting the University.